Weekly Roundup: 9/8/2012
Kindle Fire HD announced this week, but that’s not the biggest news from Amazon. (Photo credit: Giftss)
This weeks stories were interesting in that they show where the industry of self-publishing is moving. We also delve into the seedy underbelly of some of its darker nature. Enjoy.
1. It’s a Crime – Major crime writer R.J. Ellory is caught with his hand in the cookie jar. All he had to do was ask us to write reviews and we would have done that. Does anyone else appreciate the irony in this story?
2. Helping Soldiers Create – Claire Osborn wrote this inspiring story about one veteran’s gift to his fellow soldiers: the opportunity to write creatively.
3. Charts and Graphs – Tech Crunch offers us a story about the truth about sales of print books compared with e-books.
4. The Art of Procrastination – NPR ran this story about the book by John Perry and how he finally got around to writing it.
5. Kindle Serials – Among all of the news coming out of Amazon this week (Kindle Fire HD, etc.) one story that was at the bottom of the ladder but is very exciting is the new opportunity for indie publishers to offer serials with feedback.