This week's roundup holds a fistful of great advice for self-publishers. Being a self-publisher is a very hard life, which usually includes searching the internet for the best marketing strategy, creating a great cover, and using Twitter and Facebook like mad to market to an audience...not to mention blogging. I learned a lot of great tips and tricks through the following articles, and wanted to pass on their knowledge to you.
1. Lindsay Whiting - The author shares her expertise on self-publishing and how she was able to reach a wide audience.
2. Ariel Ford - This author discusses several tips about publishing (i.e. Amazon Best Seller Campaign) that self-publishers should take to heart, even if the article deals with the traditional publishing world.
3. Amazon Best Seller Campaign - Lynn Seraphinn has a great article about how to do an Amazon best seller campaign. It's worth a look. I'm going to give it a shot.
4. Publishing Is Burning Bright - Phillip Jones at The Guardian has a great little article examining the success of 50 Shades of Grey and the future of the publishing industry.
5. Marketing Website Launches - Rocketforce.net now has an online marketing service for self-publishing authors. For $200 a month, they will do all of your online marketing for you and see to it that your book reaches a wide audience. Hmmm... If only I could pay off my student loan in less than the 5 more years I have left on it...
6. Ellyne Phneah - Ellyne explains the reasons that e-books still need marketing. This article breaks down the relationship between e-books and the marketing world.